Kolopakingii 09

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gorgeous! Does yours smell like cat pee? Mine is going to skip a year I think...it has a 40" LS so that's a lot of plant to grow and bloom in one year.

Hey guys....Rick's on vacation...greenhouse raid??? :wink::D

Yeah! I'm with you. Do you think he'd miss anything???:rollhappy:

AAHHAA!!!! Got on the site from my sisters place and you guys are planning and scheming!!

Yes I know where everything is (although you probably couldn't tell from looking at any photos of the inside:eek:).

AAHHAA!!!! Got on the site from my sisters place and you guys are planning and scheming!!

Yes I know where everything is (although you probably couldn't tell from looking at any photos of the inside:eek:).
Oh, shucks! I guess I'll have to behave myself.:evil:

Gorgeous! Does yours smell like cat pee? Mine is going to skip a year I think...it has a 40" LS so that's a lot of plant to grow and bloom in one year.

Hey guys....Rick's on vacation...greenhouse raid??? :wink::D

:sob::eek: Looks like I had a slug raid while I was gone, and screwed up a couple of the flowers.

Update

I was too embarrassed to post a pic of the spike that sustained slug damage, but rooting around I found that another growth is spiking. So 2nd chance for this year.:rollhappy: In the stonei thread Rick H asked if it was normal (for stonei) to put up a sheath in summer, but spike the following spring. I didn't think so, and partially based on my experience with kolos, that sometimes they sheath and hold, and sometimes they go straight to spike. Here's the perfect example. The first spike of the year was from a growth that produced a sheath last summer and held it till this spring. This growth didn't even produce a sheath, and the spike is moving right along in just a matter of a couple weeks.

Back