Kelpak / Kelpmax on paphs

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papheteer

Reaction score
What’s your experience with kelpak on paphs? I know they work wonders for catts and phals, but do they work as well with paphs? Thanks!

Absolutely.

On e of the more interesting aspects being plant multiplication.

My experience with paphs was mostly with 2-3 growth plants, and they would typically give me 1 or maybe 2 new growths a year. I acquired a single-growth complex Paph from Theresa Hill. It arrived in bud in a 4” (?) pot. It bloomed and faded, as expected. About 14-16 months, with regular, monthly dosing @ 1:250, with 2 treatments a month over the summer, it had 8 growths.

A Paph. Deperle went from 2 to 6 in a year, and that was a bit more typical.

As I reported here a year or so ago, it seems to delay the natural senescence of flowers, as well. My experiments were on phrags, but some of the complex polyamines in the product are known to do that, so I see no reason it wouldn’t apply more broadly.

Absolutely.

On e of the more interesting aspects being plant multiplication.

My experience with paphs was mostly with 2-3 growth plants, and they would typically give me 1 or maybe 2 new growths a year. I acquired a single-growth complex Paph from Theresa Hill. It arrived in bud in a 4” (?) pot. It bloomed and faded, as expected. About 14-16 months, with regular, monthly dosing @ 1:250, with 2 treatments a month over the summer, it had 8 growths.

A Paph. Deperle went from 2 to 6 in a year, and that was a bit more typical.

As I reported here a year or so ago, it seems to delay the natural senescence of flowers, as well. My experiments were on phrags, but some of the complex polyamines in the product are known to do that, so I see no reason it wouldn’t apply more broadly.

That’s phenomenal! What about for encouraging root growth on Paphs?

So every 2 weeks then? Can I use it year round since I grow under lights?

Stimulating root growth is what sold me on the product. The rest is "gravy".

I have never tried using it every two weeks on a regular basis, but I seriously doubt it would be harmful.

Latest posts

Back