K-lite

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K lite is really a concept rather than a product. Ray (First Rays) commissioned GreenCare to put together a few hundred pounds to trial. I haven't heard lately if there is any left of the trial material, and I can't recall if Ray ships overseas.

Another member in the UK (Carper) is using a low K workaround I helped him design. You might PM Gary to see what he is presently doing.

Ray should chime in on this thread to update us on the GreenCare material.

Ditto. Live in Sweden and got K-lite from Ray, so it shouldn't be a problem for you. :D

2# - taken out of the jar and sealed in a plastic bag - fits nicely into a small, flat-rate box. Shipping to UK would be $16.95.

I have plenty in stock. Wish I had taken more to Atlanta - you've done a fine selling job to the folks in your general area, Rick.

2# - taken out of the jar and sealed in a plastic bag - fits nicely into a small, flat-rate box. Shipping to UK would be $16.95.

I have plenty in stock. Wish I had taken more to Atlanta - you've done a fine selling job to the folks in your general area, Rick.

Has it gone to full "product" status?:clap:

bought mine from Koolorchids,
but I cannot reach it to get a link it is in Uk
Some members here told me to buy there its called Akernes rain mix

I took advantage of this topic to ask my question:Greencare indicated for MSU RainWater the Ca and Mg content 8% and 2% respectively. Are these levels expressed in Ca and Mg or in CaO and MgO?

I took advantage of this topic to ask my question:Greencare indicated for MSU RainWater the Ca and Mg content 8% and 2% respectively. Are these levels expressed in Ca and Mg or in CaO and MgO?

In the version I have from Robert's Flower supply (Orchidmix.com) it's as Ca (7%) and Mg (2%). But not presented in the agricultural convention of CaO and MgO.

I'm pretty sure this isn't a typo since the K and P are specifically listed as oxide forms on the label, as per agricultural convention (K2O and P2O5).

K-lite for comparison is:

12-1-1 10%Ca 3%Mg , and the Ca and Mg % are definitely not calculated as oxide forms

Rick, Akerne's Rain Mix IS the Greencare MSU RO formula.

On fertilizer labels, only the P and K are shown as oxides, which is a throwback to an old analytical technique that required that a sample be "dead burned" to oxides for analysis. All other ingredients are shown as elemental weight percentages.

Akernes Rain Mix is NPK 13+3+15+11CaO+3MgO. It is far from K-Lite.

Rick, Akerne's Rain Mix IS the Greencare MSU RO formula.

On fertilizer labels, only the P and K are shown as oxides, which is a throwback to an old analytical technique that required that a sample be "dead burned" to oxides for analysis. All other ingredients are shown as elemental weight percentages.
Not quite. First three are the same, but not the others. This directly from GreenCare's RO/Rain Water label:

Total Nitrogen……………………………….….13%
12.5% Nitrate Nitrogen
0.7% Ammoniacal Nitrogen
Available Phosphate (P2O3)…………………..….3%
Potash (K2O)……………………………………15%
Calcium…………………………………..…….8.0%
Magnesium………………………………..……2.0%
Iron (Fe)……………………………………...0.177%
Manganese (Mn)…………………………..…0.088%
Zinc (Zn)…………………………………..…0.041%
Copper (Cu)……………………………….…0.044%
Boron (B)………………………………….…0.018%
Molybdenum (Mo)…………………………..0.018%

AKERNE RM can be writhed: 13+3+15+ Ca:7.86 + Mg:1.81. If we format the values without decimals:--- 13+3+15+ Ca: 8 + Mg: 2.
Traces of ammonium are coming from the use of Calcium nitrate agricultural grade for the fertilizer manufacturing. This quality contains a little bit ammonium.

Latest posts

Back