k-lite strength

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rubyslippers

Reaction score
Do I mix the K-lite like the directions say at 1/3 teasp/gal, or do I mix it weaker? I have been using a fertilizer from Lowe's and mix it weakly, but wasn't sure about the K-lite as it is totally different.
Thank you!

RS, I use it a 1/4 tsp. per gallon, especially for Paphs. Ray may differ with
me on that though. I fertilize every seven days or thereabouts and flush
the pots with water about every other week. Does that help you at all?

RS, I use it a 1/4 tsp. per gallon, especially for Paphs. Ray may differ with
me on that though. I fertilize every seven days or thereabouts and flush
the pots with water about every other week. Does that help you at all?
You have with this dilution a concentration in Nitrogen of 43 ppm. If I use 5 gr for 1tsp and 3.75 liters for 1 gallon. Is that correct??

You have with this dilution a concentration in Nitrogen of 43 ppm. If I use 5 gr for 1tsp and 3.75 liters for 1 gallon. Is that correct??

It's close enough. But the fertilizer is so heterogeneous, I don't think you can reliably measure 1/4 tsp and be sure of the contents. Make a concentrate, and use larger quantities.

I agree. I make a 10% concentrate solution with 50 g of fertilizer and this amount makes a very uniform solution each time. If you are trying to just measure a little of the powder out it won't be uniform. Put the concentrate in a small/medium squeeze bottle and you are set to measure out what you need each time. 15 mL of this concentrate into a gallon of water will be about 50 ppm N.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Personally, I recommend dissolving the whole two pounds in a lot of water, then using that.

At a pound per gallon, then used at a rate of an ounce of that per gallon, you end up with about 125 ppm N. So 2#/5 gallons - still used at 1 oz/gal - will give you 40% of that, or 50 ppm N.

By the way, I have a bunch of 2.5 gallon plastic jugs I'll give away for the price of shipping, and if you dissolve the 2# in one of those, and use a tablespoon per gallon, you're back to 50 ppm N.

I've mixed up the one or two lb bag into one gallon of water, and I have no sediment at all. It's kept in a dark, room-temp closet and been there for at least a year...

I confess to liking to use my scale and mixing up fresh batches every few weeks! How else can I justify having bought the scale? I like to keep the concentrate in the refrigerator and I couldn't do that with a 2.5 gallon jug.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I do grams/litre. 32 g/L gives 4000 ppm N. You can work the rest out from there. I take the 4000 ppm solution and dilute it 1:100 for a 40 ppm concentration. Since most of my plants now grow in lava rock or LECA, I'm going low dose, every day.

@Ray

re ... re.... readting the KLite formulation I see that the oligos Cu, Zn, Mn are not chelated is it the real situation?

Thanks for the ongoing information and assistance. I am considering going back to school to learn how to do this. I guess it is not too easy to teach an old dog new tricks!

Latest posts

Back