Just a quick FYI

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha, thanks Elena, on both accounts. :) I'm just looking forward to getting it over with at this point.

I have to say though that though I am right handed, the way I type on my laptop is left hand dominant (cut and paste, space bar, all of that is my left hand.) It's funny, it was always my dominant hand when I played the piano as well.

Good luck and feel better! Most people I know with that surgery came through it quickly enough....just keep telling them that it hurts...then sit back and relax....Take care, Eric

Hey y'all. I'm sorta not typing too well yet, but wanted to thank everyone for all the nice emails you sent today and for thinking of me. It's easier though to type one message here than to write to each of you individually. Hope you understand!

The surgery went really well and I was out of the hospital by noon.
So far the pain is just a dull ache if I turn my wrist to the side but I want to make sure that what they gave me this morning has completely warn off before I take anything (so I know the worst it will be without anything!)

The hardest thing so far that I didn't realize is that I have to keep it elevated (like, with my elbow on the table and my hand in the air) for the next 5 days!!! What a pain in the ars! Though the silver lining is, work is pretty much out for now. :)

When I first got home I emailed work to let them know and I was sitting at a table with the laptop below me so typing was one handed and I was having all sorts of trouble because I type without looking at the keys and 11 of the letters on my keyboard are warn off so I kept hitting the wrong keys, LOL. But just now, typing this, I've realized that if I type on my lap, with my arm up above the keyboard up on pillows, I can use three fingers on my left hand pretty well which is making it a lot easier. Yay!

Dinner (I don't think I can hold silverware in my left hand and my mother bought corn on the cob for dinner!:rollhappy:) and showering in the morning are going to be the next big challenges.

Anyway, I'll probably still be a little quieter than usual but I'll be around.

Dinner (I don't think I can hold silverware in my left hand and my mother bought corn on the cob for dinner!:rollhappy:) and showering in the morning are going to be the next big challenges.

I'll be there by morning to help with that showering bit. :rollhappy: :evil:

-Steve Jobs

Hmmm...ganglion cyst?

Hope they get it all out. Friend of mine just had that cyst surgery a few months ago and its coming back. Like you want to hear that right now :eek: sorry

Hope you feel better soon Heather, take care!

Splint came off today and though the wrist is a little achey when it bends, it's nice to make a fist, and bend a bit (and wash my arm!) and TYPE! Wahoo! I was really scared to take the splint off as I was relying on it a lot to help me hold things.

Tomorrow's an entirely new challenge, but at least I won't look like an invalid during it!

Thanks again for all of the support. Hopefully I'll be back around a bit more now.

Back