It's Taking Forever...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yoyo_Jo

Catt's Meow
Reaction score
This is one of the first paphs I ever bought, a hybrid with a ridiculously long name:

Paph (Red Maud x Grand Master) ‘Pastel Pink x Nikko Magic ‘Pink Lemonade’

I bought it in April/07, single growth, never bloomed. In Feb/08, I thought I could feel swelling at the base of the plant. In April/08, it started sending up the sheath. At the end of August, I could see the bud through the sheath if I held the plant up to the light (desperate girl). Now it's finally poking up a bit. This is so cool, but I just wish it would hurry a little bit...:rollhappy:

IMG_1097.jpg

:rollhappy::rollhappy:I'm sorry Jo BUT he's probably right! A caution about bud/sheath watch - you know what happens to the watchpot?

Ya ya, never boils. :rollhappy: Well, if it opens in 2009 (and not 2010) I'll be thrilled. I really am learning patience; also, I find it really helps if you just keep buying other orchids in bloom/spike to pass the time...:D

That would drive me nuts! :poke:

I've a plant in bud at the moment which I was expecting to open about a month ago but the sheath decided to take a few weeks off and it's only just started moving again. Darn plants :sob:

Ya ya, never boils. :rollhappy: Well, if it opens in 2009 (and not 2010) I'll be thrilled. I really am learning patience; also, I find it really helps if you just keep buying other orchids in bloom/spike to pass the time...:D

:clap:Thatta girl!

Can't wait to see it... But that is a bit on the slow side for a Maudiae-type hybrid.. :p

Hmmm, maybe it's a culture thing. I don't know. The plant is in a south facing window (shaded in the summer) and now has supplemental fluorescent lighting. Maybe it's the humidity; I'm hard-pressed to keep it above 40%.

Interestingly, I bought this Paph. Maude Raven x Black Cherry at our show in early October, with the bud just barely visible. Now look at it, in just a month's time it's shot right up.

IMG_1279.jpg

Latest posts

Back