Issue with Peruflora Order (Resolved)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a vendor, I feel bad about this sort of thread.
The headline is very negative about Peruflora. But if one reads the thread, one learns that they made right on all transactions. I have always had good and reasonable interactions with Peruflora.
Shipping orchids is risky business, and Peruflora might not be to blame for the condition of the plants upon receipt, but regardless they refunded the customer or replaced at Perufloras expense. We do the same. Blame it on the postal service, but that doesn't solve the problem. We provide a refund or a replacement.
Please continue buying from Peruflora.
JC

Avoid Peruflora!!!!

I have mixed feelings about this.
I agree that these posts are unfortunate, as they can give the wrong impression, however - also from a vendor's point-of-view - when I ship a plant, I feel it is my responsibility to package it as well as I can to avoid damage.
I certainly wouldn't ship a plant in the winter without heat packs and lots of insulation, as I know that, despite warning labels on the box, the package will be exposed to cold. Protecting the plants from heat in the summer is no different.
That said, I do not ship plants internationally, as that adds additional, major burdens to the packaging needs, and despite your best efforts, they can be undone by the authorities en route, leaving the plants vulnerable to the damage you sought to avoid.

Ray Barkalow
firstrays.com

I have to say again: Manolo was an exhibition that time so he couldn't replay my mails, but later he refund all money soon. He is an absolutely honest man.

To add my experience: I bought a PK from them which was delivered to me at the London show a few months ago. A little while later, I noticed that the single mature growth, whilst still growing, had lost its central portion to rot and so while appearing fine to the casual glance, would never flower. This clearly predated my ownership. I sent pictures and they offered to replace it without hesitation - I received the very nice replacement plant today, in fact. I guess things happen to plants, especially when thy've travelled all the way from South America, but I was very impressed with how they reacted. I would agree they probably aren't the quickest to reply to an email, but they get there in the end...

Alex

I have to say again: Manolo was an exhibition that time so he couldn't replay my mails, but later he refund all money soon. He is an absolutely honest man.

In that case, and as it was you who begun this thread, you could ask the administrator to change the title of this thread or to delete it completely, couldn't you? I think that would be as polite as Peru Flora obviously does offer replacement when necessary.

Back