• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

is this for real?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nobody is going to beleive this vendor has what he says, whoever has regular form tigrinum flasks for sale, will have the identical flask the ebay vendor has, guarnteed!!

Nobody is going to beleive this vendor has what he says, whoever has regular form tigrinum flasks for sale, will have the identical flask the ebay vendor has, guarnteed!!

Unfortunately, there are a lot of people that have more money than logic or intelligence (or, just want it to be true so badly that they fool themselves). Scammers wouldn't do this sort of thing if it wasn't profitable; and unfortunately, it is very profitable.

whether or not the flower exists may be open to debate but that picture has been altered substantially. The edge of the petals look to have been 'cut and pasted' onto the background or 'over edited'. that is not an unedited photo.

can really seems like that....but only for the upper part of petals and dorsal.
The darker edge is due to the fact that the flower is not compleately open and so the edge itself is pointing directly to the camera and so is so dark green....

so,maybe this can convince more...

here another photo of the same plant in flower few years back...when selfing was not suxcesfully....

Attachments

• tigrinum alba 2.jpg
    tigrinum alba 2.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 48
or you could buy the flask and plant ...I am sure your 'girlfriend' wouldn't mind....and BTW, the price went down to 750 for the plant

or you could buy the flask and plant ...I am sure your 'girlfriend' wouldn't mind....and BTW, the price went down to 750 for the plant

Why the inverted commas? 'Girlfriend'?!

And concerning this vendor: I have the notion, that I have spotted him under several different aliases on ebay - allways the same extremely extraordinary offerings, at sky rocket prices...and allways the same semi-paranoid and aggresive rambling in exchange for any negative feedback!

If it is the same guy (and I can't see why it shouldn't be), I once asked for a photo of the plant for respectively a dark speckled and a red speckled godefroyae (if they had been real plants, then of extraordinary quality...well, I gather they are real plants somewhere in the world). I sent my requests for a photo on two different days - and, lo and behold, received the EXACT SAME photo as response!

So beware!

Kind regards, Jens

Latest posts

Back