Irregular watering

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leo Schordje

wilted blossom
Reaction score
Just a little demonstration of what can happen if you dry your Paphs out hard during bud formation. It is important to be consistent about checking to see if your Paphs need water. I have bloomed this Paph (gardneri x malipoense) before, it bloomed normal last year. Yuck, a word you never want to hear the AOS judges utter.

mal%20x%20gardneri%20dry08i.jpg

versus what it should look like
malxgardner-small1.jpg

:( BUT it bloomed, could have blasted! I'm really impressed with the Hideki Okuyama I got last summer, highly recommend!

I'm always so afraid I'm going to overwater, I usually err on the dry side. Thanks for the reminder!

I have all my orchids (except the slippers) in semi-hydro, no fear of overwatering.

Leo- Thanks for the demonstration! The second picture looks much better!! Diane

It's nice you isolated the issue Leo and were able to share. Otherwise, we could of thought genetics was playing a part in it.

It's nice you isolated the issue Leo and were able to share. Otherwise, we could of thought genetics was playing a part in it.

I'm not absolutely sure genetics wasn't involved, but I am pretty sure this is the clone that had bloomed 'normal' when I got it in in bud a couple years earlier.

Back