irapeanum first attempt

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got 2 "bigger " and one tiny protocorm fom Jan , many thanks, and for advice. I saoked with RO water from agar andn put them into seramis, akadama anad lava rock mix. Jan advived 5% chopped sphagnum but i left it because of danger of infection. I soaked boiled mix and after haeting soaked with Amistar ( equivalent with Previcur). I hope it will establish and I will see its flower within 10 years.....

Attachments

• DSCN0360[1].JPG
    DSCN0360[1].JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCN0361[1].JPG
    DSCN0361[1].JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 66
We should try to get the product "Verdera Prestop". There is Gliocladium catenulatum (fungus) in it, its a biological fungicide. It can colonize the Cyp. irapeanum roots. Perhaps this is the key to grow this very difficult slipper orchid.

No, on Cephalanthera damasonium and Orchis pallens. That are species with similar problems.
But the tests were not very consistent and intensive. If I would be younger I would have to repeat the tests.

good luck dodidoki, it could be you who is the first...
For others like me I'm waiting for a hybrid cross with good flavum.
Phil

201111161416510.jpg

Fig. 6. Orchid mycorrhizae Rhizoctonia solani R01 and R04 promote growth of 3-week-old tomato seedlings as compared with the control group (CK)

Rhizoctonia solani is a fungus that was found on Cypripedium irapeanum roots. This is perhaps the fungus that delivers the energy for the plant to start growing after deflasking? We could try to get it...

Latest posts

Back