insigne 'Harefield Hall'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whatever kind of insigne it may be - a nice flower, indeed...the colouration of the lip, especially, seems almost mahogany and nicely saturated!

'Harefield Hall' is btw. a triploid, so if you post measures of the size of the flower and of the leaf span, maybe the very knowledgeable crowd in here, could help to shed some light on the more precise identity of your clone!

Kind regards,
Jens, Copenhagen

I have my doubts that this is a true 'Harefield Hall'. Here is a photo of a 'Harefield Hall' which looks identical to mine. I think it looks quite different to yours. There have been a lot of plants incorrectly sold as Harefield Hall. David Banks confirmed mine was the real deal. Mine came from Neil Finch who had the legitimate clone. David Banks said his plant came from Neil Finch as well.

http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10201

Here are a couple of photos of mine. The first one is after the flower has just opened. The second one the flower has aged and reflexed. They look different to me. Maybe it is culture, I don't know. I think mine looks closer to Robert's.

Looks like the same plant to me. All the differs are cultural and photographic issues IMO.

The lip is different? HH has a fatter and wider look with a straight to upward curve at the front, this one has a V shaped top of pouch and more tapered towards bottom..

Latest posts

Back