"in-situ" style PNG orchid vivarium. AKA "The Canopy"

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice, don't the plants get damaged when the snake is slithering over the branches?

Thanks for sharing.

NYEric,

No. The ventilation system was custom built by me from scratch, the misters are MistKing, the lighting is Nova Extreme Pro 36" t5 fixture, and the controller is a HerpKeeper Net.

Flawless! I like the natural look of the canopy, will be great to see an update when the orchids grow bigger :) Awesome snake too (thanks for the vids)!

while distilled water is very pure and has many impurities filtered out, it is also extremely low in important minerals. watch your plants carefully.

Gorgeous snake! I have 5 myself...corn snakes and king snakes. Don't keep them with orchids though...these guys are perfectly happy to knock over their water dishes, so I can imagine what they would do with orchids...probably poop on them.

Pete, I've been watering with distilled water for over 4 years. Last time I checked, rainwater is distilled water.

rainwater is distilled water.

I respectfully disagree with you here, but certainly don't argue your success! Awesome setup!

The idea is roughly the same: water 'boils off' then condenses for collection. But rain picks up all kinds of crud from humans and Mother Nature.

Regardless, I'd keep it up if you're seeing no signs of nutrient deficiencies.

Back