In Charm Gold and "Trudy"

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

labskaus

Reaction score
My In Charm Gold has made two flower stems this season. Not clumping as fast as I would like, but patience is not my virtue.

pincharmgold.jpg

Gertrude West "Perfecta", should be one for Ross. First flowering for me on a small, mite-attacked division. I like the spots.

pgertudewestperfecta.jpg

Hi Carsten,

Nice pics and flower especially for the Gertrude West. I think it is a Ratcliffe Division ?;) I remember to see it in the div list for 2010

Great Photos Carsten!!! The In-Charm Gold is fabulous and I love the spots on Gertrude West.

Thanks! these are both great for my learning about breeding! I particularly like the In-Charm Gold, since I seem to be very fond of helenae kids.

Rick, it is Emerald Magic x helenae.....
.... I don't think I would have guessed this to be a helenae cross, I was thinking maybe some henry in the background. Emerald Magic is a Jolly Green Jem offspring, I love my JGJ x helenae X, this one fooled me! :eek:

It's amazing to think that this clone probably bred Sparsholt 'Jaguar' - it was the only clone of Gertrude West I saw at Ratcliffe's, so unless they lost one in Florida it is the grandparent of a wonderful paph, the progenitor of most modern spotteds.

I have Gertude West 'Uranus' AM/RHS - I was very happy to find it - I consider it right up there with the most important stepping stones in my collection. About the only thing more important in spotted breeding would be Mem. F.M. Oligivie, a grandparent of Gertrude West and parent of Blendia, and consequently the most important spotted ever bred!

Tim, I'm going to have to agree 100% with you on the statement regarding Paph. Blendia. Paphs. with spots on their petals aren't seen very often. It is my understanding that Blendia is one of the few clones that will pass on the spots to the petals. It is also my understanding that the cutting edge Japanese breeders are currently working very hard in this direction.

hi carsten,

why don't you put your gertrude west on your In Charm Gold
cliokchi

Latest posts

Back