Importing

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

BLReed

Does anyone here have any experience importing Paphs to the US?

I signed up for Level II ePermits with APHIS. Do I email the permits
and bar codes to the exporter? It also says that the permit is to be for
a specific entry point with Hawaii being for Orchids. How do I know
which route the package will take. I've had other items sent from
the same foreign location processed through New York and other
times through Los Angles. Seems the first plane out gets it.

Any tips or guidance appreciated.

Several countries. Does it make a difference? Certainly a Suppier that provides a Phytosanitary Certificate and CITES Certificate.

This thread is in the wrong forum. This is the Paph. photo forum. Can a moderator move it to the appropriate forum......Beginner Zone?

Mods can just delete it. Not exactly a Beginner. More years
than I'll admit, plus awards. Whatever.

Mods can just delete it. Not exactly a Beginner. More years
than I'll admit, plus awards. Whatever.

Hi and welcome to ST!

I hope you get some useful information here. I imagine there are a number of people with experience doing what you want to do.

BTW: I wasn't calling YOU a beginner with orchids in general. But, you are hoping to learn something from other members here and the Beginner Zone is where people who have questions and want to learn, can ask them. Plus, if your thread turns into a good information resource for other people down the road, it's best if it's in a forum where people doing searches can find it. Nobody's going to think of searching for information related to importing Orchids into the USA in the Paph. photo forum. It might help your cause (in terms of getting replies), if you introduce yourself and tell us a bit about yourself and what you grow, where you are, etc.

Several countries. Does it make a difference? Certainly a Suppier that provides a Phytosanitary Certificate and CITES Certificate.

Of course it does. Take VN for example. Some parts of the country say no permits have ever been issued; other offices issue permits, it's profitable for them!

Latest posts

Back