I'm the proud father of twins!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
As far as I can tell this is a un-named hybrid between Socerer's Apprentice and popowii. I've posted PICs of these flowers in the past but it has always been in the Spring! This is the first time for it to bloom in the Summer.
PpopowXSAX2-1.jpg

If it's SA X warscewiczianum/popowii then it's called Inti's Tears. Even if it was originally registered with warsc, if the RHS did/does accept the name change as valid, the hybrid name should hold I believe.

-Ernie

If it's SA X warscewiczianum/popowii then it's called Inti's Tears. Even if it was originally registered with warsc, if the RHS did/does accept the name change as valid, the hybrid name should hold I believe.

-Ernie
Thanks Ernie for search info.

Does it get to 110 degrees in the part of Texas you live in!? Air conditioned GH?
I've never been in 110 F temps here in the Houston area. I've lived here 28 years. Now it's been as high as 106 in my truck driving home (no A/C) but rarely above 86 F in my greenhouse.:D with the wet wall and 5 fans

Up dated Pics: The first is the whole plant.
Ppopowii.jpg

Close up, the flowers look the same as 2007 except the stem is shorter and the colors may not be as bright.
PpopowiiXAPAug081.jpg

Look at all that room! You need a few besseae hybrids! :D
I do have a few besseae hybrids.....just haven't bloomed or ain't big enough to bloom:eek: I have 2 plants of EY 4N X Sorcerer's A 4N that 2 1/2 growths each but nothing yet.

PS. It use to be packed full before my X got it all!!!:evil:

Latest posts

Back