I'm relatively new to orchids

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would die for a plant like that. Sorry but I saw the Equagenera tag, and you say it is a Kovachii. It is also Huge if that is a 4 inch pot. Have you seen the prices of large, one growth Rothchildianum Paph divisions? I paid 40$ for a phrag Grande seedling! It will be 4-5 years before I see a flower, and I might not live that long.

Well the week is over and I still have not received an email or phone call back from the vendor. So as I said I will name the vendor.

The vendor who has the worst customer service, or follow up is Orchid Zone.

I emailed John directly and told him I was not happy and received no response. Then I sent 2 messages through Ebay since I bought this from EBay to the seller and let them know I was not happy and the orchid was not in the best shape. No one reached out to me or bothered to mail me back.

This was a second order I had placed with them. On the first order they shorted me 5 orchids. I contacted Steve because John never bothered to call me back and Steve said they didn't look the best so they didn't ship them. That is fine with me. I don't have a problem with that. But I prepaid for a full order. I'm still due a credit on that order for the 5 orchids they didn't ship. John doesn't bother to respond at all. I have talked to Steve more than 5 times regarding my credit and asked him to either return the money or just send me the equivalent in any orchids of their choice. Sounds easy enough right? Nope nothing. So I told Steve that I will be contacting Paypal and putting in a claim with them. Steve said he would do the same thing. He said he has asked John several times to resolve this, but John hasn't done it and he says John is the person who has to do this.

I could go into a lot more detail why I believe I think they have the worst customer service of all orchid vendors. but I think you get the idea.

I understand a lot of people have had great experiences with them and that's just great. Keep ordering from them. But if anyone ever asks what I think of them I will give them a truthful opinion of my experiences.

I have gone to Paypal and filed a grievance with Paypal asking them to look into my original order to get my money refunded from Orchid Zone.

This is stupid that they think they can keep your money. That order was placed in January. I don't think any customer should be treated like this.

The size of the plant is excellent for the money!!!! The shape it's in is kind of rough

That's well said. Here was the description of what I purchased:

SPECIAL SALE Phrag kovachii SEEDLING SPECIAL Near Flowering Size Orchid Zone

If I would consider growing kovachii, I would keep the plant you got, how was the roots?

It's a good one then, if it was mine I would be happy, as long as there is no rot, the leaves look like mechanical damage non threatning to the plant

You have every reason to be angry about the lack of responsiveness about your refund.

As far as the PK (or any other orchid you purchase), most vendors will try to make it right with an unhappy customer. Find ones that will return your calls.

I would like to update everyone. After 12 days Orchid Zone responded to Paypal. It took a long time, but they have refunded me 100% of everything they shorted me. I'm glad about that. I can't say they are complete crooks, but I still say they have the worst customer service of any company I have ever dealt with.

Latest posts

Back