I'm Holding My Breath...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parvi_17

Reaction score
This micranthum var. eburneum has been flowering size for some time now, and it appears that a sheath is beginning to form. It is still very small, but it certainly does look like it (any ideas?). If this is a sheath, it will probably blast, and then I will die. :p

:clap: Looks pretty encouraging :clap:
BUT you must STOP the NEGATIVE THOUGHTS!!!

And please don't hold your breath. It wil take some time for this one to be fully in bloom. :wink:

:clap: Looks pretty encouraging :clap:
BUT you must STOP the NEGATIVITE THOUGHTS!!!

I will try :rollhappy:. I really hope it is a sheath and that it doesn't blast. I have already blasted a micranthum sheath and this is my (current) favorite orchid! I haven't even seen one in person yet.

How exciting, congrats! What's the leaf span of your plant?

I'm going to show your picture to mine :D

How exciting, congrats! What's the leaf span of your plant?

I'm going to show your picture to mine :D

The leaf span is about 11 cm. Sam Tsui states on the Orchid Inn website (which is where this plant originates from) that they can bloom from 8-10 cm LS.

The leaf span is about 11 cm. Sam Tsui states on the Orchid Inn website (which is where this plant originates from) that they can bloom from 8-10 cm LS.

Thanks! My plant is also from Orchid Inn and is probably 11-12cm ls too so it's encouraging to know that they definitely can flower at this size. I also assumed it was too late in the season for the buds to set but perhaps not. Think mine needs a gentle poke :poke:

Thanks! My plant is also from Orchid Inn and is probably 11-12cm ls too so it's encouraging to know that they definitely can flower at this size. I also assumed it was too late in the season for the buds to set but perhaps not. Think mine needs a gentle poke :poke:

Well it has been quite cool in my growing area at night the past couple months so I think that's what triggered it. But a sheath on a little Brachy x mic. cross recently blasted on me (plus I blasted a regular micranthum last fall) so I am freaking that this plant will do that too. I'm going to be paying very close attention to it needless to say.

Well it has been quite cool in my growing area at night the past couple months so I think that's what triggered it. But a sheath on a little Brachy x mic. cross recently blasted on me (plus I blasted a regular micranthum last fall) so I am freaking that this plant will do that too. I'm going to be paying very close attention to it needless to say.

Yup, we had a really cold winter too so I'm hoping that might count for something.

Good luck with yours! Keeping fingers crossed.

Just don't move it a round. Leave it as if you never found the bud forming! Just go on with your normal routine.

Of course :p. We orchid growers sure have to learn patience!

i thought the key was to have enough plants to distract from and forget about the slower ones until they bloom or develop.
unfortunately, that doesn't work for me either when i'm waitin' on something....

i thought the key was to have enough plants to distract from and forget about the slower ones until they bloom or develop.
unfortunately, that doesn't work for me either when i'm waitin' on something....

Exactly. Although I always have something in bloom, this plant pretty much shines above the rest for me. It will be the center of my attention for a while.

Latest posts

Back