• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

IDK where else to put this question :-)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nutz4Paphs

CCE/AOS :-)
Reaction score
Hey all.
Its been a few years since I have been active here, but my collection is back up and running.

So, I saw this on eBay tonight. I thought it was so disturbing. This plant in the photos is DEFINITELY not an alba...and it is obviously not because of the coloration of the leaves. Does anyone have any methods or ways of dealing with this type of tomfoolery? I feel like I should do what I can to prevent the sale of a plant that is clearly not what it states it is. Thoughts?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Orchid-Paph...598195?hash=item25b16e7d33:g:01wAAOSwo0JWQ05E

The photos were changed so it was likely just an error in uploading. The newly posted plant looks right. Ive never dealt with that seller but have noticed he/she has been around for a long time. I have had some very good and some very bad experiences with eBay so when i saw that, I had to say something. Happy growing.

I contacted Orchidspeed and hear is what he had to say:
Dear maudiae,

Sometimes to get a listing started you have to put up any picture. If your correct photos are not available until the next morning you change the pictures to be correct at that time. We have been selling lady slippers for over 25 years and never sell anything but correctly identified ones, both in description and photos. Thank you for your comments.

- orchidspeed
They have over 3800 feedbacks at 100%. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

I have to say my experiences with orchidspeed were very disappointing, shady even. That was 15 years ago, but it was enough for me to avoid them ever since.

Latest posts

Back