id please

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronan

Reaction score
baught as supardii...

585876220.jpg

381389225.jpg

Lefty Kai? Hard to tell with hybrid multis, especially getting out of primary crosses into complex crosses. Where'd it come from?

Oops! Good looking bloom on a well grown plant though. These sanderianum hybrids are a few generations down the line now, makes ID a bit of a guess, unless the supplier can narrow down the possibilities for you.

One thing is sure: sanderianum has a high percentage in the flower (I would say 50%). Then we have philippinense in the flower because of the red petals. The odd thing is that there is so much red in the pouch, otherwise I would have guessed that it is a straight Michael Koopowitz.
If roth is in this hybrid, it has a low %age, because roth hybrids have spotted petals (Habitus looks like there is roth in the cross tough).
I agree with the adductum. Paul Parks (sandie x adductum) looks pretty close already (especially the pouch shape of your plant shows adductum):
http://www.parksideorchids.com/images/Paphs/Paph%20Paul%20Parks.jpg
But there is much more spotting on the petals on PP than on your plant.
So you see it is very difficult to tell what is really in there. When you look at it for the first time you think it is easy to determine the parents, but after some time it becomes very hard actually.
I can tell you what I think it is:
Paul Parks x Michael Koopowitz
(adductum x sanderianum) x (philippinense x sanderianum)
So you have: 50% sanderianum / 25% adductum / 25% philippinense

Thx all for the guesses. always an interesting game. BTW seller will replace it and told me it's for sure Michael Koopowitz x Paul Parks, so i think Polyantha is the winner.

I thought maybe you didn't like it lol.. damn
i like all orchids, but i used to grow species and only a few hybrids(not this one). but this one is not so bad, and as space is not really an issue for now i won't sell it. it has multiple new starts, i will wait to see improvments.
thx

Latest posts

Back