ID, please!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Magicboy

Paphklon081201.jpg

Paphklon0812012.jpg

No seriously it does look like a hybrid with Paph. insigne, but it is hard to say what exactly, probably insigne x complex Paph.

Robert

This is a bit confusing. I think there is definately insigne in it. I think the petals,white dorsal, pinkish tinge and larger spots may come from gratrixianum. But it has red at the base of the growth which I didn't think either of these species had. So I'm going to throw in some henryanum which would explain this and the red pouch and add green and spots to the dorsal.

So there is my guess. A hybrid that involves -

insigne
gratrixianum
henryanum

David

My gratrixianum has red pigment at the base.....unless it's not gratrixianum!

Actually so has mine. I just rechecked it. Mine looks different to the one above though. It has more finer red spots rather than dark red sections.

If it was a primary hybrid I would say gratrixianum x insigne. I'm not sure if the pouch colour matches those 2 species though. I'm just guessing like everyone else.

David

Actually so has mine. I just rechecked it. Mine looks different to the one above though. It has more finer red spots rather than dark red sections.

If it was a primary hybrid I would say gratrixianum x insigne. I'm not sure if the pouch colour matches those 2 species though. I'm just guessing like everyone else.

David
I agree with all that you have posted:)

Definately a Paphiopedilum, but insigne (firstly came into my mind) and coccineum might be involved...:D

At first I though insigne "Harefield Hall"...but there's that red at the base. How about Lathamianum (which I think is insigne x villosum...unless I have the name wrong) done with villosum v. boxallii? Take care, Eric

Latest posts

Back