i think my randsii is about dead...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some interesting info I found out -
Indigenous people also take Sangre de Drago orally in a diluted form (e.g. three drops in a beverage two or three times a day) for gastrointestinal disorders, gastritis, gastric ulcer, intestinal infections, colitis and parasites.
want more, including studies? check this out -
http://essentiallivingfoods.com/products-functional-food-sangredegrado.html

Not as silly as it may appear to be?

It is not silly at all. It really does work. If I had changed the name to a trade name and said I invented a new chemical compound to stop bacterial and fungal infections on plants everyone would think it was a great new invention. But because it is a natural plant product most people assume it is a gimmick. Think what you want, I use it on myself everyday and never leave home without it. :clap:

What do the roots look like?

roots? what roots?
i repotted it into fresh mix into a smaller pot (it was in a 4" but i put it in a 3 or 3 1/2") and i put it in a shadier spot. now i've got my fingers crossed and hope i've been a good boy....

Hi,
It is just a suggestion that I haven't tried, but since cinnamon is in powder form and liquid forms of disinfectants seem to be more effective, why not boile cinnamon sticks, take the extract, dilute some cinnamon in it and apply it to the plant? But that is just a thought!! If someone tries it I would like to know how it works...

Thank you !!

Hi,
It is just a suggestion that I haven't tried, but since cinnamon is in powder form and liquid forms of disinfectants seem to be more effective, why not boile cinnamon sticks, take the extract, dilute some cinnamon in it and apply it to the plant? But that is just a thought!! If someone tries it I would like to know how it works...

Thank you !!

Some compounds can only be extracted with alcohol or other solvents and some only with water. So making an extract may not be effective.
Sometimes boiling herbs will destroy the compounds that are effective, I have no idea if this would be a problem with cinnamon.

because thats entirely too much work when for 10-20 bucks you can get something that will actually do something besides make your kitchen smell like Christmas.

apples and oranges here, Lance. We're talking FUNGICIDES in this thread :)

Cinnamon is ANTI-FUNGAL, ANTI-BACTERIAL & ANTI-VIRAL, therefore very appropriate in this thread!
Biothanasis - this is when one would use essential oils. The appropriate extraction method has been used & one doesn't need but drops, (which then can be mixed with water) to reap the benefits.
Blake - I ran across a bottle of malation today, wondering how old it was, wondering if it was any good? I'm tossing it now for sure! You have just reinforced why a chemical is the last thing I grab! SERIOUSLY I hope you're OK, in some cases by the time you start noticing side effects, you won't know where they came from and then again ..........there may be no question!

Hey Lance, you just convinced me to try something.

I have a blister on my foot which will not heal. Being diabetic doesn't help. I'm going to try the DB on it. In fact, I just ordered some more today before I read this post.

Wish me luck. It is difficult to get my shoes on now, and I can't live forever in only socks.

whoa whoa whoa, lets not go so far as to say ANTI-VIRAL.

Hey Lance, you just convinced me to try something.

I have a blister on my foot which will not heal. Being diabetic doesn't help. I'm going to try the DB on it. In fact, I just ordered some more today before I read this post.

Wish me luck. It is difficult to get my shoes on now, and I can't live forever in only socks.

M, You may be very pleased you try what you suggest. I shipped your order today, I hope it helps.

PLEASE watch that Ms. M. (!!) my partner's father lost a leg that way (he was a diabetic with an untreated foot sore on vacation - poor dear didn't want to ruin the trip to Disneyland. Sigh...it started a whole SLEW of downhill health problems.)

I'm serious. He almost lost the other due to another sore this year. And he was an ER TRAUMA SURGEON who did not go to the doctor. Not saying you are this way, but sometimes we wait to long...

HAVE You seen a Doctor about the blister? Please say yes.

(NOTE: I did not say "have you tried cinnamon" ;) but I'm really serious here. There is a time and a place for home remedies - even when tried and true. If you're diabetic, there's also a time and place for a visit to the doctor.)

I would hate to see something avoidable become unavoidable...we want you around here for a long time to come, Grandma!

DISCLAIMER:
We here at SlipperTalk take no responsibility for the claims or results of any product that anyone mentions or advertises on this forum. Even if that person has a popular boy-band name like Johnny, Donny or Lance.
Use any plant, animal or fecal extract at your own risk.
:)

Back