How I grow my Paphs!!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

busypotter

CTB
This is how I grow my Paphs!

The Growing Room, outside, under awning, shade (NE) Pots placed on tray filled with pebb
8976786087_1429bfe83d.jpg

Up front seat if you are in bloom
8977977952_f04e514606.jpg

If you need lots of space
8977915785_2320ea09ee.jpg

If you are sick
7740099044_f0d35c686e.jpg

If its below 40 (inside under grow lights from Lowes)
8128822829_1650966de4.jpg

All Paphs are grown in Plastic pots with only small Lava rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fertilize weakly once every ten days alternating between peters, seaweed, super thrive, Bills Best and epson salts and lime..

Repot every year, I try to check roots every six months, they love being repotted, a bit of spag mixed with rock will work also, just less water. I use the clear plastic pots so I can see what is going on with the roots too.

If ill I place a small amount of spag wrapped around the roots before placing in lava then into Baggie

If I seen an ant (my friends) it tells me I have a bug. I check that plant over and over until I find it. Usually its a mealie but others too. The Lava rock does not draw bugs. A good spraying with alcohol usually takes care of the culprit.

Watering throughly before fertilizing. Watering in most cases is twice a week, but light misting four or five times a week during the warm months.

Paphs. make great indoor pans for window sills in east or north windows. Treat like Afican Violets.

Paphs love to hang place your plastic pot in a basket and hang it if you can. Fan on 24/7 even tho they are outside it keeps the air moving like it does on the mountain top that most of them come from.

I first divided most of mine to one plant per pot but it took them a long time to grow a new fan which is where the next bloom is coming from. Now, when I divide I try to keep at least three fans together. A paph fan only blooms once and then works as a supply house for the new fan it will produce.

How do you grow yours? Hope this helps someone!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I probably have about 175 Paphs, and when I water indoors I use my small tank sprayer and have the tray with the pebbles underneath. Also its a porch area with a concrete floor so a bit of water wouldn't really hurt but I don't water that heavy in winter.....

thanks for the tip...you have a great collection and all are very well grown. looks like you have a lot of multifloral Paphs--those are my favorite.

Beautiful pics Alberto, I trying to get a collection of pics together Thanks

Thank you Busypotter. I'm glad you like them. I´ve been trying to improve my pics and now I think I´m starting to get some good ones.

I only have a few plants so I can´t practice as much as I want :).

Getting ready to try k-lite fertilizer next week on paphs, anyone have any good results?

My comment on K-Lite: no posting here; use the search function and read what's already been posted.

Ray Barkalow
Sent using Tapatalk

They other posts are too techie for me, I need something simple in layman term, good, bad, works, amt, how often, mix with reg fert???????

Back