High Blood Pressure

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doctor suggested taking potassium supplements for 2 weeks and if there's no change in blood pressure, then starting medication.

Urinalysis did not indicate kidney issues.

Blood was taken for analysis and an abdominal xray for complaints of pain in my side, which is how i originally found out about the blood pressure.

My record showed a bp of 110/70 last June.

After hovering around 140/90 for a couple of weeks, it started to climb again and was hitting 150/100 for a few days. Dr told me to stop the K+ supplements; I have been on 20 mg daily of Lisinopril for a week and it has me down to 130s/80s.

Haven't experienced strong side effects other than feeling more relaxed and a bit drowsy at times.

I feel sad that I am on prescription medication for an undetermined amount of time but do feel glad that it seems to be helping.

Thanks for the update. I was wondering how it was going. I'm glad the anxiety has subsided with the blood pressure and you have a medication that is working. I hope the problem can be identified so the meds are not needed. The sudden onset speaks to some quick-onset pathology. Ordinarily, hypertension sneaks up on you over years. Getting a 2nd opinion might be in order. I'm skeptical of any doctor who solution is always a pill.

All the best

After a month on lisinopril my blood pressure is regularly in the 110 over 70 range. In the meantime I have had an ultrasound and CT scan of the pelvis and abdomen to look for obstructions or irregularities in my kidneys. The ultrasound revealed minor hydronephrosis I believe, and the CT scan showed obstruction in the ureter (if I've understood correctly) so I've been referred to a urologist.

sorry to hear, was there a reason that prompted a CT scan..like pain in your pelvis? or was it just the advice of the doctor from taking the medication?

Latest posts

Back