Help: Nurse back to health

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Chris

I have a maudiae seedling that has struggled ever since a bout with mealy bugs. Have a look:
100_2852.jpg

100_2853.jpg

100_2854.jpg

100_2856.jpg

It has been this way for several months. I'm wondering if I should expect it to fully recover? I know paphs are hardy, but still...

Do you have any tricks to help it on the way? Are there any special care guidelines to help improve the odds?

I have been watering it as usual, but I have not fertilized since the little root looked so frail I was afraid I'd burn it.

Thanks for your input.

I have saved some paphs which are slightly better looking than that, but also with very few roots and leaves. As there's clearly a new leaf on your plant, it should grow, but be aware that sickly seedlings like this may take a very long time to recover. If I were you (and if that particular cross is replaceable), I'd just throw it away and look out for another one. Too much time and effort taken to nurse it back to health, IMHO.. :)

Unfortunately, it WAS hard to find (the mealies must have good taste...)
so I'll probably just keep watering it like the rest of my plants. One more isn't that much additional effort.

Thanks for the heads up.

THe new growth looks healthy. I would expect a full recovery as long as you continue to treat the plant and media for the cause of the problem. I have a whole bunch of plants that have brown lines from damage by pests but they are growing out healthy. BTW, I never throw anything out, I just isolate them and work extra carefully on them. :)

Latest posts

Back