Hello from Canada...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from Montreal :)
40 (I'm sure you have a bit more than that hehehe..) is a reasonable number for seedlings and NBS ...Now you need some Blooming size or in bloom plants.. (parvis are such nice small and lovely plants and flower ) I find it kinda helps to keep us motivated to keep on taking care of our little babies.. and don't forget to keep a budget for orchid shows!! :)

Hmmmm..parvis you say? I will have to look into them! :D

Nice to see another Canadian! We're developing quite a bevy of you guys! :D
Also glad to see you made it! Sorry for the registration issue!

Hi Heather! Thank you for all your assistance with registration, I am so thrilled to be a part of this exceptional forum! :D

Wow! So nice to have greetings from all over Canada and all over the world!!! I have been spending a lot of time (too much actually) reading and gleaning information from the great threads here...NYEric's "miscellaneous stuff" I had to take in chunks in order to digest what I was seeing! :rollhappy:
I was hoping that you guys can take a look at my henryanum, to my untrained eye it kind of looks like it is putting out a bud sheath...can it be?

Oh and thank you to Paph_LdMacBeth for making me feel good about my modest collection! :)

Attachments

• henryanum 002.jpg
    henryanum 002.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 11
  • henryanum 001.jpg
    henryanum 001.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 10
It could very well be since tis the season for henryanum. However I think we should wait further more.

Looks like it is from Cloud's Orchids. Never had luck with them when it comes to paphs. Seems like I am always getting the slow growers or runts. Other genus grows great though.

It could very well be since tis the season for henryanum. However I think we should wait further more.

Looks like it is from Cloud's Orchids. Never had luck with them when it comes to paphs. Seems like I am always getting the slow growers or runts. Other genus grows great though.

Yes, it is from Clouds. That is too bad that you had bad experiences with their Paphs! I am fortunate to live close to them so I never have to order online, I get to pick them out in person. That being said I didn't do a great job picking out this henryanum. The leaves are kind of floppy and too light in color and the first fan for some reason only has two leaves on it and has stopped growing. The two new growths are looking healthier though and I sure hope that is a sheath I see!!! What kind of Paphs did you try from them?

I got two maudiae types and a herrmanii. The two maudiae types have done nothing but lose leaves for more than a year now and the herrmanii is following the same trend.

I never had the luxury of picking the plants myself and so I always get small sized.

What a shame! I hope they get with the program and start growing soon!!!

I always re-pot as soon as I get them home and have found some have great roots and others not so great, but so far I haven't lost any Paphs that I got from Cloud's. The most surprising for me is the two wenshanense's that I thought would grow slowly but they have been more vigorous growers than any of my other Paphs. Maybe I just had the wrong impression that they were more difficult.

I love your avatar picture!

The growth is colorful, could be a spike!

I sure hope so! I thought the color looks suspiciously promising.

I love, love, love your "Miscellaneous stuff" thread...I felt like I was taking a tour of your apartment, slowly taking in all the beauty! I love to be surrounded by greenery too.

Latest posts

Back