Hello from Canada...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carkin

Reaction score
I am fairly new to growing Paphs and Phrags and I am so impressed by your knowledge and beautiful pictures! I bought my first Paph last November and now I have 9 Paphs and 2 Phrags. They range in size from ss to nbs so I have yet to bloom one but they are definitely my favorite types of orchids. I have about 40 different orchids in total, which I know is a very small collection compared to some of you but it is about all I can handle right now!

I am so excited to be part of this forum and look forward to learning much from you all!!!

Hi Carkin -- welcome to Slippertalk. You will find your collection will grow because we are a great bunch of enablers!

Greetings from a fellow Canadian!
Where are most of your plants from?

Don't let this bunch of enablers convince you that 40 plants isn't a good number. :p Its plenty! As your learning you need to keep your collection to a sizable enough amount that you can listen and observe the plants! You also want some variety and blooms when the time comes! :)

Its addictive though!!
Looking forward to seeing you around :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Welcome from Luxembourg!!!! Good choice to join us :) !!!! You will see that when your first slippers go to bloom, there is no 'way-back' !! Jean

Thank you for the warm welcome! :)

I live in Southern Ontario and most of my orchids come from Cloud's...they are only about half an hour from me (which is very dangerous)! So needless to say I do forsee my collection growing but not too quickly, I don't want to further alarm my husband! ;)

Hi Carkin! I'm just up the QEW from you. Welcome from Hamilton. It would be great if you would update your profile to show your general location in the upper right hand corner of your posts. It puts things into perspective for all the international members here. You're going to like being part of this bunch. There's a lot of good growers and tons of helpful discussions that go on all the time.

Hi Carkin! I'm just up the QEW from you. Welcome from Hamilton. It would be great if you would update your profile to show your general location in the upper right hand corner of your posts. It puts things into perspective for all the international members here. You're going to like being part of this bunch. There's a lot of good growers and tons of helpful discussions that go on all the time.

Hello neighbour! We are up "the mountain" about 40 minutes from Hamilton. I am thinking that Paph_LdyMacBeth must be close to us too!

Just a picture of me so you can put a face to the name...

Thank you again for making me feel so welcome! :)

Attachments

• hair pics 005.jpg
    hair pics 005.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 35
Welcome from Montreal :)
40 (I'm sure you have a bit more than that hehehe..) is a reasonable number for seedlings and NBS ...Now you need some Blooming size or in bloom plants.. (parvis are such nice small and lovely plants and flower ) I find it kinda helps to keep us motivated to keep on taking care of our little babies.. and don't forget to keep a budget for orchid shows!! :)

Latest posts

Back