Hello from Canada

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello from sunny California!

This forum is really great! There are many friendly and knowledgeable growers willing to answer questions and inspire appreciation for new/different types of orchids. Good luck with your future bloomings!

That is how long it will take the flowers to develop so keep medium moist and avoid extreme temperature flucuations!

Paphman910

Yup. That's pretty much it. Just keep up with good, normal culture and don't do something stupid.....and it shouldn't blast. However, as you may know already, malipoense is prone to blasting and sometimes it happens and you just can't figure out why. So, there's a bit of luck involved as well.

Thank you everybody for the warm welcome and valueable advice!
I will try to keep my malipoense in the same conditions and hope for the best.
I just blasted bud on my second armeniacum, not sure what happened there. Two suspisions:
1. got water into bud when misting plant and it rotted
2. let the medium to dry out too much. I was in the very small clay pot with chc, probably dried too fast.
Here is how it looked:
paph_died_bud.jpg

It is a great bloom Eggshells! Thanks for the progress link. Mine is much behind the stage of your first picture.
Lack of fragrance is a bit disappointing, but beautiful flower makes up for that.
Maybe the smell will develop later?

Some people are not sensitive to some subtle fragrances, I think all the malipoense I've seeen have had a fragrance. :eek:

Good to know.
I also know that time of the day matters for some orchids fragrance. Not sure if it is the case with paphs though.

Thank you Phrag_guy.
They are my nicer ones.
I also have couple that suffer from continuous edge blackening. I keep cutting black parts and after while it appears again. Those don't look as nice with their half-leaves :(.

Think of it this way...you had buds to blast. I've had no
buds at all.:sob:
Hey Abax. That's another way to look at it I guess.
I am sure you will get some buds to blast soon. Hope you will have the luck and knowledge to keep them from blasting though :).

Back