Hello everyone!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony

Multi Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am getting my collection restarted after a 6 year hiatus while I was in the navy. Before I joined the navy I had about 100 plants, mostly Brassias, Paphs, Phrags, and a few oddballs. Unfortunately, none of them survived being cared for by my mom, so I'm starting over now. I've been out for just over a week, and I already have 3 Brassias (Datacosa, Edvah Loo, and Rex), a Dendrobium (free from the local OS, I'll probably kill it), and I have three Paphs on the way (x fanaticum, malipoense, and spicerianum).

Tony

P.S. If anyone has a spare Paph. tigrinum taking up too much space, I might be able to make room for it... :D

The collection is coming together quickly. I have five more coming now, Paph. Henrietta Fujiwara, lowii, and henryanum, Phrag. Hanne Popow, and Brassia caudata alba 'JEM' AM/AOS. :crazy:

Tony,

Those are some good additions (especially that P. henryanum)! I must figure out what I am doing with my orchids before I ship out into the Navy on 20070718... hate to see many of these orchids die... :(

-Pat

Could someone from your local orchid society take care of them for you? I suppose I could make room for some, you know, anything to help a fellow sailor. :D What rating are you going for?

Hi Tony,
Welcome back. Way back in the 60's I had an orchid grower friend in Kansas who was in the Navy - he carried a flask of seedlings on a nuclear sub for several months. I wish I could find him again and see if he is still growing orchids. As far as building a new collection goes, I hope you have a blast doing that. I will be offering a ton of bargains here soon for Paphs and Phrags --- I have to repot a zillion plants soon and make room for new flasks!

Latest posts

Back