Helenae 'Long and Short' + Covid-update

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PS. I've been isolated for the last two weeks, because I got infected with Covid-19 at my work place. Thankfully my illness has been progressing so much milder than my other, poor colleague, also infected - and before you ask: it's not the mink variety!
I just wanted to express my thankfulness for this site and all the wonderful contributions and reparties from all you, guys and gals, onboard! It's really enlivening to follow the activity here, when you find yourself most literally and quite socially cut off!

Oh that's awful getting infected from your workplace! So glad you didn't get hit hard. Take care of yourself and enjoy the orchid therapy while you're on the mend. Beautiful helenaes. (Hansel and Gretel perhaps?)

Jens, now that you came out with you illness it was good to hear that you have been affecected by the milder version of Covid 19 and your doing quite well......nevertheless all the best to you and a speedy recovery.
Your Paph. helenaes are really lovely ones and when you see them side by side your clonal name seems to be very appropriate.

.......and German TV-murder mysteries ('Tatort' - that is 'Crime Scene') keeps me going!

Do these TATORT movies run in Danish TV or do you watch them in the original version in German TV Mediathek?

Do these TATORT movies run in Danish TV or do you watch them in the original version in German TV Mediathek?
Actually, there is at the moment a danish channel sending Tatort with danish subtitles saturday afternoon (today 2 x Borowski). Otherwise it's mainly british or american series, that's on offer.
But my basic cable package has 3 german channels (ARD, ZDF, NDR) sometimes providing danish subtitles for films and series. Though I prefer to see german (and english) programs with subtitles in the native language (i.e. texted for the hard of hearing).
At the moment I also enjoy Tatort in the Mediathek - although it gives me some head ache, if the dialect is too thick, as there are no subtitles!

(Als Ich meine Abitur gemacht habe, war Ich (fast) fließend in Deutsch - das ist aber lange heer, ung. 40 Jahren. Heut zu Tage lese und verstehe Ich fast alles, aber mit dem Schreiben und Reden fällt es mir ein Wenig schwer!)

Last edited:
What a coincidence- we have “Crime Scene” here too. But it’s called “The White House”. Fortunately, the final season is nearing an end.
I love your sense of humour, Ray! 😷

Hopefully the series does not end with a cataclysm - although the covid-part of the "plot" can only be described as a catastrophe! Maybe, the best to be hoped for would be to see the protagonist selfcombust!

.......(Als Ich meine Abitur gemacht habe, war Ich (fast) fließend in Deutsch - das ist aber lange heer, ung. 40 Jahren. Heut zu Tage lese und verstehe Ich fast alles, aber mit dem Schreiben und Reden fällt es mir ein Wenig schwer!)
👍

Jens, das ist immer noch ziemlich perfektes Deutsch......also kannst du in den vielen Jahren nicht viel verlernt haben.

unfortunately it’s shaping up to be a long winter for every country. I too l cherish the posts and info on this forum. Its a fantastic distraction and we are lucky to have this hobby. Thanks for everyone who posts pictures and info, it brightens the days and long nights.

Sending good vibes for a speedy recovery for you and your coworkers.

PS. I've been isolated for the last two weeks, because I got infected with Covid-19 at my work place. Thankfully my illness has been progressing so much milder than my other, poor colleague, also infected - and before you ask: it's not the mink variety!
I just wanted to express my thankfulness for this site and all the wonderful contributions and reparties from all you, guys and gals, onboard! It's really enlivening to follow the activity here, when you find yourself most literally and quite socially cut off!
Aw dang it. I’m glad you’re having a mild case but be on guard. Mine was mild until over a month later and then clamped down. Hope yours is smooth sailing.

Latest posts

Back