• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Hawaiian Orchid Growers - Flasks

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bolero

Hey guys, we have booked and paid for a 2 week break in Hawaii on the islands of Oahu and Maui. I am considering going to an orchid nursery or two if I get the chance and there seem to be quite a few.

Without me having to write to them all, can any of you recommend nurseries in Hawaii that sell either Cattleya or Paph flasks? Also are they easy to get to from Waikiki beach and Lahaina?

Thanks in advance, I won't be going until next year but your responses will give me a place to start with.

;-)

Kawamoto Orchids is the closest I know to the Honolulu area. They are awesome to deal with and have nice plants. Not sure if they have flasks or not, but is a nice place to visit. They have a lot of Catts.

Susan

Kawamoto Orchids is the closest I know to the Honolulu area. They are awesome to deal with and have nice plants. Not sure if they have flasks or not, but is a nice place to visit. They have a lot of Catts.

Susan

Ok that sounds like my perfect place, I can at least email them and ask if they sell flasks. Even if they don't sell any it would be great to visit a place like this one.

Haiku Maui Orchids has some great plants, no flasks though.

Kawamoto Orchids is also a great nursery that does not sell flasks either. But they do have a lot of catts as stated earlier. Come to think if it, I need to pay them a visit...;)

Yeah to be honest I can't find any nurseries in Hawaii that sell flasks or even seem that keen to have me visit. I am starting to wish I was going to Asia.

I've bought a few flasks when in Hawaii, but really most of the growers there are geared towards selling plants. Especially catts and dendrobium hybrids.

Yeah to be honest I can't find any nurseries in Hawaii that sell flasks or even seem that keen to have me visit. I am starting to wish I was going to Asia.

When are you planning on coming over? If you let me know which nurseries you're most interested in, I can see about getting you in (if they don't normally allow visitors), at least on Oahu anyway.

Latest posts

Back