Has this ever happended to you?????

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

biothanasis

This is an Oncidium Shary Baby I purchased last November - December... I has many growths since then but hasn't bloomed yet! I saw this growth just yesterday...!!!!! This psb is somehow loose apart from the mother plant and it can easily come off, but the plant thinks otherwise... I realised that they do not need to be watered frequenlty, because I used to water them once a week and with not too much quantity of water... Do you know what do they need to bloom (do cambrias neeed the same conditions?)????? Come what may, they seem happy... :D:D:D

Attachments

• DSC00089.JPG
    DSC00089.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC00087.JPG
    DSC00087.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 46
I realised that they do not need to be watered frequenlty, because I used to water them once a week and with not too much quantity of water...

By the looks of your plant, I'd disagree with your statement. These plants like their water and good light, humidity etc. In your 2nd photo, the bulbs look pretty dehydrated. Mine have always sucked up the water like crazy in s/h.

The plants had arrived as they look like now and they may were in worse state....!!!! Their roots were almost all dead and now new ones have emerged! The psbs are very hard, too!!!

it's happening on a Catasetum of mine. the bottom of the bulb shriveled and died while the top is still green. there are currently two little babies with roots...

Nice... I am looking forward to buying a Catasetum....!!!!! I guess that if conditions are right, a plant with psbs will produce such keikis...

i grow sherry babys commercially and i can tell you first hand, it likes more water than anything else in the farm. when its sunny out i can literally drench them every day. your plant is making a new pseudobulb because it is so dehydrated and stressed out it is going into survival mode...

btw, we usually have a flush when the weather comes out of a bit darker cooler and into a hotter sunnier pattern..

Latest posts

Back