Habenaria myriotricha

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s1214215

Reaction score
My Habenaria myriotricha.

Brett
SAM_6470.jpg

SAM_6469.jpg

SAM_6464.jpg

nice photos and superb flowers!!!

Do you have a picture of the whole plant? How tall does this get (with the spike on)?

Sorry, haven't taken a whole plant pic. It is only about 20cm tall. Not very tall for the species, which I have had grow to 50cm with spike. I am hoping it performs better next year of the new tubers.

Brett

Oh, even for 50cm it is rather compact for me!!!

I could try this one :)

Thanks for the info!

YEs, blooming now.. I am in Australia Eric :poke:

Oddly could have sold several times at TAPS tonight Ozpaph... Funny as I didn't think it would impress many of the Paph growers.

Brett

Thanks Dot.. Glad you liked it.:)

You behave now Mr Velardi hahha.. Yeah well if you killed them I will have to send you another lot when I get back to Thailand Tom :poke:

Ozpaph.. (sorry, you must go to TAPS, but not sure of who you are there, or I'd address you by name), we may be six months ahead technically, but I find due to local microclimates, we can be as much as a month or so out and you cant go by a six month calculation of when plants should be dormant etc. If I did, my Habs should all be going dormant by the opposite to the Thai (Bangkok) cycle by now, but some of mine are only just half grown.. Worries me a bit, as I hope they have enough time to mature the new bulbs :sob:

Brett

Oh, and thanks too Rick..

I have pollentated the blooms.. if I have spare seed I am happy to share.. send me a PM.. First in, best dressed

Brett

You behave now Mr Velardi hahha.. Yeah well if you killed them I will have to send you another lot when I get back to Thailand Tom :poke:

Ozpaph.. (sorry, you must go to TAPS, but not sure of who you are there, or I'd address you by name), we may be six months ahead technically, but I find due to local microclimates, we can be as much as a month or so out and you cant go by a six month calculation of when plants should be dormant etc. If I did, my Habs should all be going dormant by the opposite to the Thai (Bangkok) cycle by now, but some of mine are only just half grown.. Worries me a bit, as I hope they have enough time to mature the new bulbs :sob:

Brett

Sure, send more Brett! I've found that just about any of the SE Asian Habs and Pecteilis can be grown at any time provided they get adequate moisture and warmth. Mine start growing around mid-May usually, most flower from September-December, and go down around Christmas. I had one P. sussanae that was always late starting and wanted to flower in January, so I started it earlier in the year (March) to force it to grow and flower earlier. It worked and was in flower by October. The trickiest part with these plants is the winter dormancy - too cold and moist and you can say sayonara!

Does anyone know if H. xanthocheila can keep its leaves. I have on ethat has a leaf the refuses to die down. :(

Eric, if the plant has been growing for a long time you can force it to go dormant by simply pulling back on the water. Eventually, stop watering completely, but don't let it get too dry either since the bulbs on this species are so small and can die if dried too much.

Latest posts

Back