Guess the Species of this multifloral

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it's Bel Royal by some other roth primary which is not Saint Swithin, Lady Isabel or Susan Booth....PEOY?

So it's Bel Royal by some other roth primary which is not Saint Swithin, Lady Isabel or Susan Booth....PEOY?

Yes, Paph. Bel Royal is one of the parents. It is none of the others that you mention, including Prince Edward of York.

Robert

:clap::clap::clap: Elena got it right. The cross is Paph. Bel Royal x Gemstone's Randschild, making it 50% rothschildianum, 25% kolopakingii and 25% randsii. Robert
Nice going Elena! :clap:
It's getting to the point there's so many nice multi X's, one can get nit picky!

Multi, schmulti! Get back in the lab and make me some more besseae flavum crosses and Asuko FIschers!
:rollhappy: :rollhappy: now now something for everyone!

Got there in the end :rollhappy:

Robert, you said that you were puzzled when it first opened, what sort of result were you expecting/hoping for from this cross?

Got there in the end :rollhappy:

Robert, you said that you were puzzled when it first opened, what sort of result were you expecting/hoping for from this cross?

I was puzzled because it does look like a philippinense cross, but there is no philippinense in the background. That shows that Paph. randsii and philippinense must be closely related.

The reason I made this cross, is because both parents get lots of flowers per spike (5 to 7), so I was hoping this would carry to the progeny. This is a first bloom seedling, and it already has 4 flowers, so hopefully it will get more when it matures.

Robert

Hey Heather you are a little late in your guessing; The answer has already been given :wink:

Robert

Back