Guess the primary

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddybear

Awarded Stud
Reaction score
Here is an unusual primary...any guesses? (first time bloom for me)

DSC_8383.jpg

As quite a premature slipper orchid enthusiasts, it would be difficult for me to guess. But I'm interested in challenges.

Let me try... The white color as the majority might resemble the strong inheritance of white color from Paph. delenatii, possibly as the mother.

While the shape of the flower and staminode are doubtful to my knowledge. However I think the yellow color on the side petals near staminode and the yellowish staminode may resemble Paph. primulinum.

After all, both of them mostly bloom with 1 flower at a time. The question remains whether this hybrid, if true, blooms simultaneously. Can there be more hints by showing the features of leaves and a photo of the whole plant? :D

Brian got it...it's Black Diamond, using alba forms of both parents.

delenatii fma. album x fairrieanum fma. album

Really stunning. The flask must be costing way lots of money, considering the limited number of viable seeds in the capsule generated from two albino parents!

Would it be too weak to grow?

Shoot... I was going to get this in flask from Hung Sheng at $60 a flask, but didnt.. now I wish I had. He used both album parents

Brett

Latest posts

Back