Guess the Primary- tough one!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crap...I just saw this post so I didn't get to play at all. So is there a consolation prize for that?:mad:

--Allen--

Crap...I just saw this post so I didn't get to play at all. So is there a consolation prize for that?:mad:

--Allen--

I tried to drag it out a little. Sorry. No consolation prizes for Allens or Erics. Heathers and Candaces are always welcome to a consolation prize. :evil:

-Steve Jobs/Ernie

Anyway, the plant came from Tom Kalina, Fox Valley. He didn't have many, and I'll be sure to ask for commission when all of you beat down his door for them. The flowers aren't really big (~2.5"), and the form is rolly, and the stem is weak (as the photo shows), but even my wife likes this one.

-Ernie

No one commented whether they like it or not...

With some ironing it could look very nice. (Not so crazy about ruffled petal edges.) The color is very nice. I can't beleive this is concolor x barbigerum. Where does all that pink come from? Then again concolor x St Swithin is also pink... Weird.

The folage is very attractive and flower is charming. So happy I guessed wrong... the prize being what it is.

Anyway, the plant came from Tom Kalina, Fox Valley. He didn't have many, and I'll be sure to ask for commission when all of you beat down his door for them. The flowers aren't really big (~2.5"), and the form is rolly, and the stem is weak (as the photo shows), but even my wife likes this one. -Ernie

:rollhappy::rollhappy: He's a little stinker! I saw the blooming plant yesterday & started laughing & said you & Ernie shop at the same place, this is his guess the primary cross! He never mentioned it came from him!
Hmmm ........ I might be diverting the stampede, I don't remember seeing any sale plants.

:rollhappy:That could help! and a little starch! It has too much of a hang dog look for my liking.
With some ironing it could look very nice. (Not so crazy about ruffled petal edges.) The color is very nice. I can't beleive this is concolor x barbigerum. Where does all that pink come from? Then again concolor x St Swithin is also pink... Weird.

The folage is very attractive and flower is charming. So happy I guessed wrong... the prize being what it is.
:rollhappy: :rollhappy:

Latest posts

Back