Grumpy old man

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ehanes7612

Reaction score
the pouch in this decided not to expand...looks like an old man with no teeth
20110311154627.jpg

Ed, I think your should try photographing it in different light, or if you can, change the white balance setting on your camera. I think this flower should be very pretty, but the yellow cast is so strong it's hard to see that.

Ed, I think your should try photographing it in different light, or if you can, change the white balance setting on your camera. I think this flower should be very pretty, but the yellow cast is so strong it's hard to see that.

yeah.. i know.. sorry about my laziness......used to be a professional photographer...dont have proper eqpt or lighting to get a good shot anymore and youre right... the HPS does not make for good lighting..slave to my camera phone, i could try to get a better shot but i am lazy, perhaps why i stopped photography..perhaps when the sun comes out again in seattle..one of these days i will set aside money for a SLR digital instead of buying flasks

yeah.. i know.. sorry about my laziness......used to be a professional photographer...dont have proper eqpt or lighting to get a good shot anymore and youre right... the HPS does not make for good lighting..slave to my camera phone, i could try to get a better shot but i am lazy, perhaps why i stopped photography..perhaps when the sun comes out again in seattle..one of these days i will set aside money for a SLR digital instead of buying flasks

Do you have any flourescents or incandescents or the new CFL bulbs? Any other type than HPS would help a lot! Just bring the plant into the living room or kitchen - there should be better light there. I have an HPS too.

Nice flower, even so.

I don't know much about camera phones, but there ought to be a way of bracing it (as per a tripod) that would allow you to take photos with it under natural light. I can't wait for the sun here in Michigan, either.

Back