Greenhouse happenings

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
A bunch of stuff popping and not spring yet.

Working on the second heater (far end)
P1080765_zps1ae9868c.jpg

From front to back
P1080757_zps1d4c13a9.jpg

Big spike
P1080753_zps3d751d8f.jpg

P1080758_zps80a5b629.jpg

P1080763_zpsebfbd39f.jpg

The beginning
P1080770_zpsec246950.jpg

The end
P1080766_zpsa2368368.jpg

Whole plant
P1080768_zpsfeb4c65d.jpg

WOW!!!! So many blooms and spikes!!!! :clap:

The Ren. monachica is great!!!

No wonder you post so many photos. Stunning collection and a lot to look forward to. Most of us would dream of having a glasshouse that size.

That Julius is stunning. It really stands out in that photo.

Thanks david and all. Its petty cheap to heat in the winter. It costs a bit more to cool in the summer, especially after loosing all those trees.

What a beautiful site! I have lots spiking but not to the point yours are! Looks like the B.cucullata I got from you from last years auction, is going to work it's magic!
...Its a small one Tom. 14 feet by 32 feet
if that's small, then I have a shoebox! (8 x 12)

LOL! Rose, you are to funny! When I bought it out of the seller's backyard it was a bit smaller, 12ft X 24ft and 7ft high. I stretched the hoops to 14ft and spaced them apart one extra foot from 3ft to 4ft. Then set the whole thing onto a 4ft high side walls making it 12ft to the peak. You have to get height down here to get away from the Texas heat! I bet you could do the same!

Great to here about your cuc!

Very awesome "small" greenhouse. I drool over greenhouses and greenhouse pictures. Sometimes I'll just search for pictures of greenhouses and conservatories on Google and look at ones for sale. One day... I only have 12 square feet of growing area. How do you start with greenhouses and get the knowledge how to shade and where to put plants? Those things always confuse me. I'll just stick to my lights for now.

A couple of years ago we where either going to build a BIG greenhouse for year round gardening and other plants or remodel our house. I was so ticked off when we remodeled our house! :)

Back