'Greenery Yallery' hybrids in flower now

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I

Ian

Hi All,

Just joined this lively forum, and I am looking forward to joining in the discussions and learning from you all. This is my first attempt to post pictures of our plants. I have been admiring the photographic skills shown by members, and I'm afraid I can't come up to those high standards, but here goes ...

I grow both Paph species and hybrids, but it is the hybrids which make my heart beat faster (and which from my reading of past posts I know will result in a sad shaking of the head by many :) ). Three plants in flower at present:

1. Paph (Greenshank x Anja) 'bronze'

bronze.jpg

2. Paph Break-O'-Day 'Congress'

Break-O-Day-Congress.jpg

3. Paph Pacmoore 'Jing Yang' x malipoense 'Jing Yang Jade' (a rather ungainly shape, this one, but a good size and I like the veining)

paph01.jpg

Regards,

Ian

Ian, welcome. You'll get a handle on the picture posting thing in short order. I for one, enjoy both species and hybrid slips so post away.

Nice greens.

Yes, welcome Ian. I too have just joined. Sadly with far less flourish. Your pics do you credit.

1. Paph (Greenshank x Anja) 'bronze'

bronze.jpg

Paph. Anja certainly makes her mark! The resemblance this flower bears to world-famous Paph. Lippewunder is not surprising since both hybrids share Paph. Anja as a parent. I would really like to see how others from this grex turned out.

Thanks for sharing. There are some heavy duty complex Paph growers on this forum.

And more every day! Welcome to Slippertalk, Ian.

Like Justin and many others I'm a species nut but the hybrids are nice. What everyone likes is their own choice. Love the complexes!

Hi All,

I think you are being kind to a beginner! My photos can definitely be improved.

In response to Scott Ware, this plant is from the Ratcliffe's breeding programme, and I do not know when this cross was made or how many other clones are still around. This clone is actually one that Ratcliffe's held back for their own use and I was just in the right place at the right time to be able to buy it from them when they decided to 'let it go'.

Regards,

Ian

Your photos are fine -- don't worry about them, just keep showing us what you have.

I'm not so fond of the big round complexes as I am species and primary hybrids, but I do like the first one -- very interesting color and markings.

Latest posts

Back