Green and yellow complex

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shiva

Reaction score
This is Paph Sheila Hanes x Kay Rinaman x Lacewing. Second flowering. Begins as completely green then turns eventually yellow. I have two more of the same batch coming up in flower. One bump on the pouch which wasn't there last flowering.

SheilaHanes.jpg

Paph. Lacewing is Elfstone x Jolly Green Gem. I've never seen a picture of it.

Looks like the villosum (somewhere in the background) is coming through. I guess both lineages have some villosum somewhere...

Shiva, its a good looking flower and a plant I would want to have in my collection but I suspect you have lucked-out in the genetic lottery. I suspect some where out there is an almost perfectly round and flat big flower of this cross.

Looks like the villosum (somewhere in the background) is coming through. I guess both lineages have some villosum somewhere...

Shiva, its a good looking flower and a plant I would want to have in my collection but I suspect you have lucked-out in the genetic lottery. I suspect some where out there is an almost perfectly round and flat big flower of this cross.

It's possible everybody lucked out on this one. If there were outstanding clones of this cross, it seems to me that it would already have a proper name. And I sure will keep it. I have so many paphs that don't flower I'm not gonna throw away one that does. :p

That is an exceptionally graceful symmetrical flower. I like it much better than the supposedly perfect flat round types. Is it (Sheila Hanes x Kay Rinaman) x Lacewing or Sheila Hanes x (Kay Rinaman x Lacewing)?

That is an exceptionally graceful symmetrical flower. I like it much better than the supposedly perfect flat round types. Is it (Sheila Hanes x Kay Rinaman) x Lacewing or Sheila Hanes x (Kay Rinaman x Lacewing)?

Yes! the second one. I forgot to put in the ().

I should have checked my database before posting. Here's the right answer.
[(Sheila Hanes x Kay Rinaman) x Lacewing)]
Sorry for the mix-up.

Back