Fyre Festival Craziness

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ehanes7612

Reaction score
So , dont know who heard of this but there was this festival that was supposed to happen in 2017 in the Bahamas. Two documentaries came out describing the events and people involved. It was a huge clusterf%&(ck. It hit home a little for me because I was involved in throwing festivals for ten years..small ones only dealing with a maximum of 50 thousand dollars, we usually broke even or lost a little money, but everyone who was supposed to get paid, always got paid. I have seen some promoters do some really terrible jobs and become pariahs in the festival community, owing people lots of money...but nothing like this festival..absolute crazy what this guy got away with until the festival date. It's also a strong commentary on 'influencers' and the ills of social media. Crazy stuff how our society is changing

Netflix has a version called FYRE

Hulu has another version called FYREFRAUD

Both are very captivating

Last edited:
Interesting. I'll have to give it a watch.

I remember reading about that debacle. Reminded me of the DashCon 2014 s*&tshow. Although, obviously Fyre was on a completely different level. I didn't know they had made a documentary about it.

Also, DashCon was partially run by teenagers, so they should have seen that coming from a mile away :p.

The Netflix Fyre doc was thoroughly entertaining! It's about time we start considering holding 'influencers' accountable. I heard the Hulu version is meaner. Time to sign-up for Hulu... :)

The Hulu version holds a lot of people accountable , including the promotional marketing team. The Netflix version was done by one of the members of the promotional team

The Hulu version is meaner, they seem to trick people in telling their story then paint them as culpable

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back