From my greenhouse

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
A few blooming plants:

Tolumnia Red Barry (Passionata Red x Red Belt):
Tolu_RedBarry.jpg

Cyc. barthiorum -- very small flower, but the plant is very small and young.
Cyc_barthiorum.jpg

Cyc_barthiorum-2.jpg

My Phal. equestris:
Phal_equestris-2011.jpg

Last edited:
Gorgeous pix, Dot, as always!

But the barthiorum isn't a barthiorum. The lip on Cyc barth has fingery things on it, and the flowers are lip up. I'd bet it's a Catasetum cross (due to the lip shape and the fact that it's lip-down), possibly onto Cyc barthiorum to explain the spots.

But the barthiorum isn't a barthiorum. The lip on Cyc barth has fingery things on it, and the flowers are lip up. I'd bet it's a Catasetum cross (due to the lip shape and the fact that it's lip-down), possibly onto Cyc barthiorum to explain the spots.
I'll have to go look at the tag again. Maybe I didn't read it correctly.

Very nice... Love the tolumnia... And BTW, just reminding you equestris is a phal... :p
:eek: -- thanks paphioboy. I did know that! (and fixed the post). My brain was fried last night when I posted these photos -- too much time at the computer!

I'll have to go look at the tag again. Maybe I didn't read it correctly.
I just checked -- I read the tag in the pot next door -- crowded conditions already! This plant is Clowesetum Rebecca Northern ‘Grapefruit Pink’ x Mormodes lawrenciana ‘SVO’ -- you were spot on, Ernie. Thanks!

Nice tolumnia, thanx for sharing. BTW, I have an Oeceoclades you might be interested in! :evil:
Yeah? PM me, please.

Ah, so the spots came from the Mormodes. Neat. (RN is usually pink w/o spots). It's hard to see Mormodes in intergenerics because their wacky, twisted form (I love them for it) is recessive. They like to give color and marking though!

Ah, so the spots came from the Mormodes. Neat. (RN is usually pink w/o spots). It's hard to see Mormodes in intergenerics because their wacky, twisted form (I love them for it) is recessive. They like to give color and marking though!
I suspect that's why Fred Clarke likes to use them for breeding. He certainly has come up with interesting hybrids!

Now if I can only make this one grow up!

Thanks, Ernie.

This is what my barthiorum looks like,I only have a few Cyc.

Attachments

• barthiorum IMG_5100.JPG
    barthiorum IMG_5100.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 16
Back