First henryanum of the season

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For some reason, most of my henryanums bloom in the summer. I've heard that most others bloom in the fall.

PaphhenryanumFV2.jpg

We are going into winter now, and the last henryanum flower here is about to drop.
Charles

:) I love seeing these - I'm trying to wait patiently for my seedlings to bloom, but they seem to be growing in leaps and bounds and are currently working on second growths, so at least the steady progress makes waiting easier!

That is a nice henryanum. I wish mine would hurry up but, considering its size, I think I have a years wait.

That is a nice henryanum. I wish mine would hurry up but, considering its size, I think I have a years wait.

You may be surprized Ed. They are not big plants in general (maybe 8" leaf span) and I've had them bloom on a 2-3 growth plant. Some folks have had problems getting them to bloom with a small number of growths, but they are not consistently this stubborn.

Well knock me over. Mine has one large growth, a second smaller growth and two small starts and . . .and . . .and what may just be a sheath started. Won't know for sure for a few days.:D

Well knock me over. Mine has one large growth, a second smaller growth and two small starts and . . .and . . .and what may just be a sheath started. Won't know for sure for a few days.:D

SURPRISE!!!

Dang I'm good:poke::poke::poke: I just willed your plant to bloom for you Ed;)

Thanks Rick but while you were at it why did you not will a few other things to bloom:poke:

Latest posts

Back