First bloom Rod McLellan ‘Hillsview’ AM/AOS x Sorcerer’s Stone ‘Yellow Desire’

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A777D95F-CF3A-43C5-8C7B-D91922818DFD.jpeg FACC9B57-4353-4671-814F-29ECFBC9B0F9.jpeg
Purchased this seedling from Hillsview last spring. It has grown well and along with another from there has been very healthy. Pleased!! The flower is just shy of 13cm wide and 10cm tall. Although not as flat as I’d like and the pouch is not straight, I’m eager to see what it does on its future blooms. It has a touch of green tint and white halo in the dorsal that does not come through in the photo.

Beautiful concolor yellow!
The pouch is slightly off and the rolling of top half of petals near base are the only faults for now. Maybe will improve over next flowering. Well done!

Debra, you have done a great job getting the balance of conditions correct for Paphs (Better than mine). Remind me of the PAR peak photon flux density you settled on with your LED lights for Paphs?

Debra, you have done a great job getting the balance of conditions correct for Paphs (Better than mine). Remind me of the PAR peak photon flux density you settled on with your LED lights for Paphs?
Thanks! Paphs/phrags are the easiest for me to grow, now that I no longer overwater them. Wish I could do as well with cattleyas... anyway, my Quantum 510 should arrive today or tomorrow so I will post accurate PAR then.

Latest posts

Back