Finally Started: Greenhouse

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Friday's Work Halted by Rain and White Stuff

Friday was a rain shortened work day.

Sill plate installed from previous day.
Sillplate.jpg

Starting walls in the rain
Wallframing.jpg

White Stuff
Wallframingendofworksnow2.jpg

Wallframingendofworksnow3.jpg

For Pete's sake! It's freakin' May! Snow! Really!!! You Minneapolins are CRAZY.

-Ernie

Holly... I need to show this thread to my partner... I already got complains that the GH I am planing is way to big (16.5"x13.5")...

That looks like a great house, and thanks a lot for showing the foundation... looking forward to seeing the final result! Congrats!

Holly... I need to show this thread to my partner... I already got complains that the GH I am planing is way to big (16.5"x13.5")...

That looks like a great house, and thanks a lot for showing the foundation... looking forward to seeing the final result! Congrats!

If space allows, try to add an extra meter or two!:evil:

Yeah, the forecast for today is clearing and 50F. and tonight, with clear skies, the temp will drop to 26F. If that happens for any length of time, we could lose leaves on the trees.

Oh, that's terrible! They are saying 31º*F here tonight (Michigan). No snow, but lots of rain and very strong, cold winds.

:rollhappy::rollhappy::rollhappy: It's great to hear you guys are as crazy as I am..
:eek: I'm falling to peer pressure. My husband, the DIY & welder, says it wouldn't cost that much to expand mine. It's 15 years old, so the polycarbonate probably should be replaced sooner rather than later!

Yeah, the forecast for today is clearing and 50F. and tonight, with clear skies, the temp will drop to 26F. If that happens for any length of time, we could lose leaves on the trees.
Tonight 30-36 :sob:. Most of next week nightime lows in the low 40's. Back to the real world when living in the midwest!

Very nice!!! The second pic is like showing us a playground!!! This gh is going to be huge!!! WOW

...Tonight 30-36 :sob:. Most of next week nightime lows in the low 40's. Back to the real world when living in the midwest!

we're getting similar temps out here in new england too
i'm not terribly happy about it but apparently, "mother nature" doesn't care....

Amazing progress made already! It is so great that you are walking us through the process of building your greenhouse! Looks like it will be fabulous! OK, a little jealous.
Can't wait to see more!

Back