EOC in Dresden

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

lipelgas

EOC was held in Dresden, Germany 24.-27. September.
It was great opportunity to visit this time with my friends (as crasy as me). Some numbers about our trip: we drove over 4000 km through 6 country (Estonia incl.), took almost 1000 photos with 3 camera and I had to have 15 new slippers. We stayed on the show 7 hours and had to leave being totally exhausted. Also was great to meet people I have been in contact only via e-mail.
Some photos you will find here: http://album.ee/album/267865/50199167

Looks like you had a great time. I'm intrigued by two shots - the Dendrobium kanburinensis (orchids21.JPG) and the fascinating "growing tube" (orchids24.JPG). Never seen that Dendrob before, just confirming what I already know about this genus - it goes on and on. I love it! About the growing tube, was it actually wet looking? What do you know about it, for example the material it is made and so forth?

Eric, it is possible to drive that far - about the same as New York to Los Angeles - I've done it before, but wouldn't recommend it unless you've got multiple drivers and/or a lot of time.

4000!? Are you sure?

yes, I am sure :) there is something in your car you can rely on ;) we had 4 drivers and the main reason why we used car instead of plane was big plans of shopping and free schedule. actually it wasn't so bad and I have done it before. driving in night somewhere you don't know could be quite an experience. we used navigator and it went crazy sometimes. best thing that it suggested us to turn back in the first possibility when we arrived to the border of latvia and estonia. sure, we would have done it! :)

this tube was made of epiweb. it was outside covered by some kind of moos, inside (the grey thing) is epiweb itself. it looks like it is wet and I believe it is. you will find more information and supplies from here: http://www.epiweb.se/
dend kanburinensis is quite a beauty. my friend has ordered it this summer and was very surprised of it's real size. she said that a magnifier is needed to see the plant.

Latest posts

Back