Perners' Botanical tour to Guangxi and Fujian in May 14

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Judging from your photos, you had a wonderful trip with lots of everything
AND orchids. Thank you for taking so much time to post your pictures.
I really enjoyed them!

Thanks all!!!! I used to ask permission before taking those closer-up pics, as I have the permission from Wenqing and Holger to post pics of them!

Wow, amazing. It looks like that you covered lots of different features! Do you happen to know what are the round buildings in the last two photos?

In the province Fujian we visited 2 of these Tulou clusters, very impressive fortified Buildings that I would compare +/- to a castle here in Europe!

==> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fujian_Tulou

Tianluokeng Tulou Cluster is more touristic with small shops inside the buildings selling f.ex. tea and orchid medecine..
Chuxi Tulou Cluster is more museum like with lots of old furniture and explanations about the historical developpment of these communities.

Jean

Your camera takes incredible images.
Really enjoyed the 'China' pics.
Wouldn't mind seeing more.

Awesome Jean. I know the feeling you must have had visiting all those places. How was the food?

I think the Cymbidium with the Liparis are C. lancifolium. Also the Dendrobium a couple pics before possibly is D. formosanum.

Great stuff, please keep posting!

I enjoyed the food, and learned (+/-) to eat with sticks :) !! What was however very unusual was the warm food for breakfast..., and of course no coffee and bread; fortunately you gave me some great advices Tom, so I had my coffee along :) !!!! Jean

Some more:

CTemA.jpg

just married:
BKzM.jpg

NltI5.jpg

Youngsters:
1kXg4.jpg

No prison, just cosy living:
idOW7.jpg

One more of those beauties:
10um.jpg

This used to be a grotto:
xdmNh.jpg

3NbWQ.jpg

r4WiR.jpg

MLJDR.jpg

Busy traffic:
RP5sW.jpg

RPsGD.jpg

7f6jI.jpg

suaFC.jpg

Y8hlB.jpg

One more couple to come

Jean

Here a last set of pics from our tour:

512R.jpg

qeGj.jpg

EUWdQ.jpg

sW5OL.jpg

8UZ6i.jpg

SHXa4.jpg

0ZgL.jpg

3tb5P.jpg

V8w7a.jpg

JCsSX.jpg

mgNl.jpg

GqINW.jpg

This lovely young lady took amost 30 min to introduce us into teas
UrZ1R.jpg

9dbST.jpg

preparing for the 'official' shot:
rOxel.jpg

That was it !!!!

(maybe a group photo if ok from other participants)

Jean

Wonderful Jean. I really enjoyed looking through the photos of your trip. I loved the hirsutissimum photos in particular and many of the landscapes. I am going to have to go there myself one day.

I injected some adjustments and species names, based on a mail from Holger!

Their next trip is just starting now: good luck, and enjoy the Tour!!!!

Jean

I love your photos. The Li River and karst formations especially brought me back to 1985 when my husband and I toured China for a month. I have so many good memories from that trip, and they all came rushing back when I saw your photos. Thanks!

Thank you for sharing your pictures and experiences. I really enjoy seeing candid shots of the locals.

With the permission of my co-travelers: here our group (thanks Holger for the pic, you had to run!); missing our japanese friends who had returned to Japan already:

3TfHE.jpg

Jean

Back