Encyclia (Euchile) citrina

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gotsomerice

Reaction score
Here is my Encyclia citrina. The powerful scent of jasmine/honey/citrus is heavenly! I can smell this ten feet away. The most intriguing thing is there is a bee who decided to just stay in the flower from sunrise to sunset.

Attachments

• EC.jpg
    EC.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 45
  • ECBee.jpg
    ECBee.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 13
Love it, love it, love it! I'm going to print these off and show it to mine as an example of what it should be doing! I'm well-versed in culture information published on the web, but I'm very interested in hearing the personalized specifics of what you do for yours if you can take the time to share.

Are you kidding me? Are you freaking kidding me? That's the most incredible Euchile citrina I've ever seen. :drool:

Growing Tips

I've have this plant for almost 10 years. It's mounted on a piece of 18" long log. It's growing under a shade cloth. In then winter, temp can go down to low 40F. Summer can be in the low 100F. I water it every three-day with R/O water. I don't use fertilizer at all. Hope this help. And more pictures! :)

Attachments

• EC02.jpg
    EC02.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 16
  • EC03.jpg
    EC03.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 8
  • EC04.jpg
    EC04.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 9
Great growing that is amazing! Mine just flowered once and never again in three years. I just follow your advice and not fertilize it and just water it only.

Ramon:)

Great! Mine's in bloom now....more fragrant than ever...It never fails to bloom each year, but I've never gotten more than one bloom. I love it...an easy plant to grow and bloom, and I got on Ebay for only $5.............Take care, Eric

Are you kidding me? Are you freaking kidding me? That's the most incredible Euchile citrina I've ever seen. :drool:

I agree; this is a beautiful plant, and those many blooms!!! mine had one spike a month ago and was not willing to show me the flower this time!! color and scent of Enc. citrina flowers are superb. Jean

Back