"dying" plants to get different flower color

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what bugs me most about the blue Phals is that there was no indication on the plant tags or the display in the store mentioning they'll be white next time

I didnot receive a reply with just -contact the seller, so sent a message with a -not as described- message line- and the seller refunded the full payment. -the -Message from merchant: the plants are not injected. they use a process similar to the one used when aluminium sulphate is added to the soil to turn pink hydrangeas blue.- so they don't know what they are selling, or they are using a different process.. though the plants thad the Blue Mystique tag on them. There is NO indication in the ad, or on the tags that the color is obtained artificially. So if I put red dye in the soil, will get red paphs using a white one?
:rollhappy:but got my money back

Hydrangeas change color based on soil pH affecting cellular pH, if I'm not mistaken. If it was that simple to get blue from white in Phals, it woulda been done ages ago (and I'm sure folks have tried). AND the color in a blue hydrangea "looks natural" not "painted" like the Blue Mystiques.

Glad you got your $ back!

If anyone is interested, I am going to become an officially licensed dealer for a dyed orchid competitor. We are going to call them "Blue Mistake" and they will retail for $199. Something that expensive has to be ultra rare, right?

:rollhappy:

from their website
http://www.silvervase.com/blue-mystique.php

one.jpg

yuck.jpg

flor.jpg

I've seen them in several stores now. Personally, I think they are ugly -- so very artificial-looking, like fake flowers.

Yeah...in person they look much nastier than in the pictures! Blue Mistakes sounds like a Great name for them! Yuck.
Glad you got your money back - the seller was clearly a creep just waiting for someone who hadn't seen them for sale in person in their local area...not fair at all!

Latest posts

Back