Dyakia hendersoniana

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtrmd

Reaction score
Poor 1st time bloomer.Presentation,photography,and flower count is horrible.On a good note the color is nice.Guess that will keep it out of the compost pile.

9877752785_9a5eb54cfb_b.jpg

It is not the easiest one to grow IMO but it is a nice one to have in any collection. Nice job!

It is not the easiest one to grow IMO but it is a nice one to have in any collection. Nice job!

It was really unhappy with my low winter GH temps (50f-55f) on the cool side of my GH.I am going to keep it with the Phals this winter.

You might want to keep it drier in winter if it is cooler. Cool and damp condition will hurt this species. I have a first time bloomer here also(mounted on bare cork) and those sparkling flowers are quite amazing.

You might want to keep it drier in winter if it is cooler. Cool and damp condition will hurt this species. I have a first time bloomer here also(mounted on bare cork) and those sparkling flowers are quite amazing.

Thx for the tip Tom. I will give that a try this winter and see how it does. I was going to mount this one,but have too many mounted things taking up the walls of the greenhouse.

Latest posts

Back