druryi season

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice. Healthy plant as well.

I thought this species was not commonly grown. They are a dime a dozen

David

Last edited:
Nice, I like the look of the plant, looks super healthy.

How big is the plant?

Agree with what's alredy been said - great plant, lovely flower. Would be nice to see an updated photo with two flowers :)

:clap:Great job! We're envious of those that have recently posted!

Very nice. Healthy plant as well. I thought this species was not commonly grown. They are a dime a dozen
David

in Australia? I don't think that's the case here in the states, if I come across one for a decent price, I'd give one a try after the tips here!

That's a strong looking plant:clap::clap:

I think there are quite a few around in the states, but not always very popular.

They're allot like Catleyas with lots of plant and not much flower most of the time. The flowers are relatively small and very cuppy.

They like the hottest/brightest conditions for paphs to grow fast and bloom regularly, so they don't always fit in with mixed collections and indoor growing conditions.

But I like them because they are such a distinctly different species in form and habit. I call them my "cactus paph".

Thanks, I got the plant a year ago at our local Orchid show (which is happening this weekend) in flower with what looked like its first bloom. It's put out several new growths so probably has at least a dozen now. Rick was pretty right as far as my growing conditions. I'm growing it indoors under a 250W MH but my temps are pretty cool (60s over the winter). I accidentally stumbled on the fact that it likes dry culture by potting it in some CHC that doesn't like to stay very wet. Rick's metaphor of being a "cactus paph" works for me, its flowers are thick and waxy like a succulent plant too.

Here's a closer pic of the flower and I'll try to post a better one when both flowers are open.

Latest posts

Back